Wednesday, October 13, 2010

God of Gods

Our soul delights in God when we come, listen, and turn, from our idols, and call out to Him.

When we step back from those vices that mean to overtake us. When we sit instead, quietly before the Lord...listening, our soul finds rest, relief, and renewal. Our soul finds joy. For most of us - active or passive, driven or laid back, open or private - sitting quietly before the Lord, listening to Him, and calling on Him does not come naturally. We have to work at it. But the more we do it, the more we find it absolutely essential.

Finding Him in the secret, quiet place, which comes as we meditate on Him and His Word, will bring life to us. As I search Psalm 42 looking for words of life and longing for a deeper intimacy with Him, I find verse 7 begins with Deep calls unto deep. I felt my spirit rise.

God, you are deep, and when I become serious about the depth in You I am willing to go- You are waiting. Your Spirit is calling out to me...COME. And in the night Your song has been singing in my heart, billowing up within me, a song to the God of my life.

Come, Lord Jesus, come
All who are thirsty
And all who are weak
Come to the fountain
Dip your heart in the stream of life
Let the pain and the sorrow
Be washed away
In the waves of His mercy
As deep cries out to deep, we sing
Come, Lord Jesus, come
Holy Spirit, come

What does your soul long for? What are you in need of? He will have mercy on us and will freely pardon us when we return to Him. vv 8-9 says, My thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways...as heaven is higher than earth, so My ways are higher than your ways. And Deeper!

He is truly the God of my life. Why do I ever turn to another?

He is the great I AM!

1 comment:

  1. This will be my second time writing this. Somehow it never posted right, and I lost it. I pray that I can get my thoughts together again, so you will be able to see my heart, and what I feel God is asking me to share about the kiss He gave me, and how much He loves those who diligently seek Him.

    When reading the intro to lesson 7 the Lord really spoke to me and I had to repent again. How many times have I chosen the road of comfort
    over the discomfort and stale peanuts. Some of you know, and some of you may not,but I struggle with dyslexia. I have placed God‘s word on the shelf so many times, due to the difficulty of reading and comprehension. I chose the comfort over the discomfort. I have even questioned if I was saved due to lack of understanding and knowledge in God’s Word. How can I be saved and not understand? The Holy Spirit should be helping me, right? Maybe we are chosen and I am not one of the ones chosen and this is why I don’t get it. The battle seemed severe at times, and I would beat myself up so badly, I would give up.

    At some point, I decided that if this was my heaven,whether or not He chose me, I chose Him. I was not going to live this life on earth without Him. I wanted the best Heaven on earth I could have, and this was going to only be found in him. I knew this from past experiences, and I would be crazy not to choose Him. I knew a better life wouldn’t be found in alcohol or drugs. Have you seen those people looking in that direction? What a life, I
    choose a walk with Jesus even without the hope of Heaven. I told myself I was not going to give up, when things got difficult. I was going to be obedient to Him. I still find myself in the struggle to give up, but am getting better and stronger with time defeating the urge.

    So…when I was starting this lesson, how I found myself crying out to him again, asking Him for forgiveness, for my lack of obedience.I was asking Him for faith with Ashley, and thinking how much stronger I might be if I had been more obedient to His Word. Asking Him, where I am lacking, GOD FILL ME, and Him telling me “I Am”.

    Today, day 2 : A kiss from God! I was doing the lesson when Kelly gives us the verse in Ezekiel. Through all of the things we have been going through with Ashley, during a time of fasting,I felt God drawing me to Ezekiel 36:24-32. My prayer has been that her heart would be turned back to God, and that she would choose truth over lies, good over bad,Him over this world. Today I felt God telling me, Here I AM, your faith is found in me. You are mine and I AM yours, and you’re made perfect in Me. Do not let this world drag you down, look to Me for all things, with all things, even Ashley.
    Help me remove all the things that I place before You Lord. Give me a heart of obedience for there are no idols in this world that will love me like that! No,not one! Thank you God for reminding me I am Yours!

    Gonzo eyes again.

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete